What you'll do
- You take over the hands on leadership for workers engaged in servicing, assembling, and installing industrial machinery.
- You improve reliability, maintenance and processing methods to reduce cost and avoid loss of production as a result of equipment malfunction or failure time.
- You determine equipment capabilities, safety and operational condition in coordination with the other Supervisors and technicians.
- You develop preventative maintenance procedures that are cost effective and increase the operational life of the equipment.
- You seek and implement the continuous improvement of the process through equipment improvement modifications.
- You prioritize remedial maintenance work and corrective actions.
- You develop, implement and review regularly, maintenance logs for department.
- You communicate with outside agencies i.e. contractors, equipment suppliers, technical consultants and vendors.
How you'll work
- You are a hands on maintenance team leader that assumes full responsibility together with his team to troubleshoot, repair and services manufacturing equipment.
- You are responsible for all electrical and electronical troubleshooting and repair of Index MS22/32 Multispindle CNC lathes and bar loaders together with the mechanical team.
- You perform troubleshooting, optimizing, and programming on Siemens 840D, S7 PLC, Fanuc controllers as well as on Knoll pump systems and on Staubli robot systems for different machines/automations.
- You act as support/helping hand in repairs on pneumatic and hydraulic systems with the mechanical team.
- You help your team hands on in day-to-day operations replacing and troubleshooting sensor issues on machines (e.g. Balluff, Sick, Festo and other sensors).
What you need to bring
- You can provide a minimum 5 years’ experience of all hands on tasks as mentioned above.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Technical field.
- You have a minimum of 2+ years of Maintenance leadership experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- You bring preferably experience implementing and maintaining TPM Systems as well as CNC machining background on Index Multispindle machines.
- You have a 5+ years working experience within mechanical and electrical systems.
- You are ideally familiar with pneumatic, hydraulic, and utility systems.
- You must be able to work according to a flexible schedule to include days, afternoons, midnights, and weekend work.
The position will be based in Charleston, South Carolina. Applications are accepted from all parts of the U.S., Germany and the world as long as the working language is English. For applicants outside the United States, an appropriate visa is required to work in the US.